A survey conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that 86 percent of respondents seek cosmetic procedures for their teeth to improve their physical attractiveness and self-esteem. Take the time to get more familiar with the various types of cosmetic dentistry procedures that are available for patients who want to make their teeth look better. At the office of Dr. Heidi Wettels in Woodstock and New Paltz, NY, the dental team is committed to giving you the smile that you imagine.
Why Patients Choose Cosmetic Dentistry
Your smile is a balancing point for your face. It brightens your features and adds to the symmetry of your appearance. A nice smile can also make you look more youthful—the results can be just as effective as a dermatological procedure. Having the confidence to show your teeth in public can also have significant benefits for your social life and professional career.
Types of Procedures
There’s a chance that one or more cosmetic treatments can make your smile look amazing. These are some of the most common procedures available at Dr. Wettels’ Woodstock and New Paltz, NY, cosmetic dentistry:
- Teeth whitening (takes about 60-90 minutes).
- Dental bonding and shaping.
- Dental veneers or crowns (coverings for irreparable dental damage).
- “Gummy smile” surgery.
- Braces (traditional metal, ceramic, or Invisalign).
Maintaining Your New Smile
After you spend the time and money to cosmetically improve your smile, your next goal is it keep it looking good for as long as possible. Keep these tips in mind after your dentist completes your cosmetic procedure:
- Keep your tooth surfaces clean and free from debris by brushing and flossing regularly.
- Avoid eating foods and drinking beverages that can stain your teeth after a whitening treatment.
- Avoid biting into hot or tough foods with your front teeth.
- Wear a protective device at night if you struggle with bruxism, and a sports guard if you participate in a lot of athletic activities.
Contact a Cosmetic Dentist
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, you want a professional who is well-versed in the many different modern procedures available. Call (845) 679-6083 for the Woodstock, NY, office or (845) 244-3082 for the New Paltz, NY, office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Wettels today!