A beautiful smile is identifiable and noticeable to anyone. It consists of good tooth color, shape, and alignment. With time, however, stains, chips and cracks tend to eat away at that smile. Making it less desirable.
Your Woodstock and New Paltz, NY, dentist says veneers are an economically friendly solution. They a wafer-thin covering placed over natural teeth to act as enamel. The tough, translucent appliance is made of porcelain and doesn't stain like tooth enamel.
What do veneers fix?
- Stains caused by certain foods, medication, beverages, or, simply, time and age.
- Chips and cracks due to an accident or while playing sports.
- Alignment, overcrowded teeth, and slight gaps can also be fixed with veneers.
What does this cosmetic dentistry procedure entail?
The first step consists of your dentist performing an oral examination to determine if you have any severe problems that need to be resolved before getting veneers. Then your dentist will determine if veneers are a good fit for you.
The next step consists of removing small amounts of enamel from the surface of your teeth to make space for veneers to bond. Then molds of your teeth are taken to create veneers at a dental laboratory. You will receive a temporary set of veneers in the meantime, usually just a few weeks, until permanent veneers are ready.
The permanent veneers are then cemented onto your teeth and you're all done.
How do you care for veneers?
- Be sure to brush and floss everyday.
- Get regular checkups from your dentist and get professional dental cleaning twice a year.
- Wear a night guard if you have a teeth clenching or teeth grinding problem.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this cosmetic dentistry procedure, don't hesitate to contact your Woodstock and New Paltz, NY, dentist for more information today!